Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Locational Shots

The location that I plan to base my film narrative around is a pre-fabricated set that is an old bungalow owned by my Nana. My justification for this location is because the exterior of the location is aesthetically pleasing to the eye (because of the white/neutral coloured exterior walls). In the story of Hansel and Gretel, the two siblings arrive at a gingerbread house (which is also aesthetically pleasing to a child). The mood that I want to create outside of the bungalow is a low sense of threat and the feeling that the children will not be hurt by what is inside the bungalow. Although, the audience will probably be aware of the folktale and so will know that just because something looks OK, it doesn’t mean that it really is.


(Outside of the Bungalow)


(Inside of the Bungalow)

The interior of the bungalow does not create any tension at the moment because I had to open the door to let light in so that I could take a photo of the set. However, when I am actually shooting the film opening, I am going to use artificial lighting to create a tense mood – because the inside of the bungalow is really dark with the door shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment