Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Casting

After the feedback of using a younger cast for the main personas, I have decided to use the two following cast members:
The male persona (Hansel) will be played by my brother Nathan Dalby. He is eleven years old and so fits the profile of Hansel well because he is the ‘protective brother’ to his younger sister in the narrative. I know that he is reliable and will behave on set in order to get the filming done as smoothly as possible.
The female persona and sister to Hansel (Gretel) will be played by Eve Newman. She is nine years old and is exactly the person that I wanted to have as the younger sister character that is innocent in the film opening. I think that Eve would work well with Nathan during the shooting process and because they have known each other for a long time, they will know how to behave around each other in order to make the ‘relationship’ between the two characters more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment